Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dawn

I met Dawn soon after we moved to Louisville as she and her husband, Greg, checked our kids into the nursery. We connected here and there over international work and kids as she asked me things when she was expecting her first child. After Phinehas was born she came to playgroup and we began to get to know each other better. Summer of 2011 I was looking for an accountability partner and God prompted me to ask her. That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. We met almost every week from August of 2011 until now. We have laughed together, cried together, encouraged one another and sharpened each other. Since we started meeting we have had 3 more children between the two of us. We have helped each other make tough decisions and made each other laugh when we needed a boost. More than all of that we have prayed together and for each other so much. I cannot tell you what a difference this has made in my life. God has used Dawn so much in my life to teach me and grow me in ways I could not even imagine.

Today Jim, Jamey and I went to the airport to see their family off to India. It was such a beautiful time of love. We have known this day was coming since we met. It has been a joy and an honor to walk with them as they prepared to go and follow the Lord's leading in their life. We have learned so much from watching their process. I cannot wait to see what the Lord will do in them and through them as they follow Him on this adventure. It's a bittersweet time as I know I will miss her so much. But I know we will see each other again. Praise the Lord we live in the digital age where we can email and Skype. But even if we never talk again on earth I know I will see my Sister again one day.

If you read this please say a prayer for Dawn and her family as they follow God.

No comments:

Post a Comment