Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sometimes Gray is OK

I'm a very black and white person by nature. I want everything to be clear cut as either right or wrong, good or bad. It's easy as a "religious" person to label things as such that really are not. There are things God clearly says are right and wrong in the Bible. But the more I live and study God's Word, the more I see how many things are NOT there. There is nothing in the Bible about what job you should have, where you should live, how you should school your kids, how and where you should give birth, what specifically is modest, what TV shows and movies you should watch, what books are OK to read and I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

In the last few days I have been hit with several things that are quite subjective and it has really been a battle for me. I want to say it should be this way or it must be that, but they are things that you just cannot say that about. And I have to be OK with that! It's not my job to dictate what should be and every body has a different life. God directs life so that it will bring Him glory and that is all that matters. This is helpful to realize and remember as you seek what God would have you do and as you seek to help others discern where God is calling them.

So today's question: Are your decisions based on following God and bringing Him glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment