Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother of 5!

Yesterday as I left for writing group, Samuel was with me in his car seat and my 4 older children stood at the door waving and blowing kisses. It's those moments that make you smile.

Almost 4 weeks ago I gave birth to my 5th child. How is it that I have been blessed with 5 kids? I marvel at this quite frequently as I do not deserved to be blessed. I have always desired to have a big family and in spite of my vast shortcomings God has graciously given me my hearts desire.

Today I am so thankful that God has blessed me 5 beautiful children:

Jamey my crazy 5 year old who loves to laugh and learn. He loves his Daddy and siblings. He hates to miss anything. He's beginning to make sense of the things of God.

Lillian is my beautiful 4 year old who is full of life. She is crazy and loves to share tickles. She loves to memorize Scripture, but is still learning what these Truths mean.

Reuben is my energetic 2 1/2 year old who loves to play outside and be active. He is always trying to figure out where he belongs and want to do everything the older two do.

Gabriel is my bright eyed 1 1/2 year old who is into everything. He does everything he can to get your attention, smile at you and act like he is going to the opposite of what you say, then walk away. He makes everyone smile and loves to make faces at his siblings.

Samuel is my precious new 3 1/2 week old. I'm still learning him, but I am so blessed to have him in my life. He sleeps and eats well. He is such a good baby.

These 5 kids, by God's grace, have made me a mother. I am still inadequate and have so much to learn. But by God's grace, He will help me to raise them in His ways, teach them His truth and see them all come to know Christ and do His work for the Kingdom.

Thank You, Lord, for the children You have given to me for a little while. Teach me how to raise them. Guide me by your Spirit so that I can be the mother I need to be for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment