Wednesday, February 24, 2016

That Day When Nothing Goes to Plan

Am I the only one who gets tired of planning and then nothing happens the way it’s supposed to? This has been a struggle of mine for quite some time. I hear all the time how important it is to plan and I fully believe that it is. But when it feels like you plan every day, at least generally speaking, and then nothing goes the way you plan for it to.

I feel like this is the story of my motherhood life. Is anyone else there too?

Recently I realized that somewhere along the line I stopped really bringing my daily plans before the Lord. General plans, long term plans, big goals, No problem praying over them. I feel like that’s a must. But daily plans, it’s so easy to forget and feel unnecessary at times. Or the day starts off in a rush and I forget to ask for daily bread. Or I’m focusing on the big problems in my life, my family, my friends or the world and forget to ask God what He wants me to do that day, that moment.

I forget that all plans are subject to God’s plans.

“I know that You can do all things, and Your purpose cannot be thwarted.” Job 42:2

I’m trying to be God. I’m trying to control everything in my world. But that’s not my job, and I need to remember that. I’m not God. I’m not in control.

Should we plan? Yes. Should we plan daily? Yes. But ultimately all of these plans are subject to God’s governing authority and we need to pray about all of our plans. But if God says no to our plans, then we should seek what it is He has for us in those changes and teach our kids about God’s authority in our lives.


So the next time your day is anything but what you planned, ask God what it is He is wanting to teach you in the plans He is ordaining that are different than yours. Remember God is on your side. He is for you and will do what is best for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment