Monday, August 15, 2016

I Heard Good News Today

This book was part of our history and culture studies in our Core A curriculum from Sonlight this year.

I have very mixed feelings about this book. It is a compilation of stories about the Gospel going into the World, or at least that's what it's supposed to be. There are some great stories about well known missionaries, early church leaders, and other unknown missionaries and how they worked in different ways and different areas to bring the Good News to people who had never heard.

Sadly, there were a lot of moralistic stories in here as well or just stories of good works with no connection to the Gospel at all. In a book called "I Heard Good News Today" I would expect all of the stories to be about sharing the Gospel or how the God protected them in taking the Gospel, but about 25% of the stories had no mention of Jesus, the Gospel or God. I did not understand why they were there and found myself having to change things that were said because they were moralistic.

On the whole the book is OK. I would recommend it with caution.

Because of that I can only give this book 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment