Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Why Do I Write?

"This will be written for the generation to come
that a people yet to be created will praise the Lord."
~Psalm 102:18

I read this verse this morning, and it was a great reminder to me why I write. I'm not always writing specifically about God, but my goal in writing should be to pass on the greatness of God in everything. We serve such a mighty God who alone is worthy of all our praise. Whether I'm writing about everyday life, what I am reading, childbirth, marriage or my kids, the purpose should be for people to be see God in everything and give Him praise.

Father, may I honor You in everything I do, especially my writing. Thank You for the gift of writing and that You have given me a desire to write. Grow me in this and may I bring praise to Your Name in my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment