Saturday, January 18, 2020

More Reading Challenges

Like last year, I've got my eye on three other reading challenges apart from the Back to the Classics Reading Challenge that I'm aiming for this year. I will double, triple or may be even quadruple dip on some of the books, but its fun having different categories from a variety of challenges to expand my reading repertoire and also to encourage to read the books on my shelf that have yet to be read.

I'm using the same challenges as last year for my guidelines.

1. Tim Challies 2020 Reading Challenge
This challenge has up to 104 books. While reading that many books would be amazing, I'm not sure if I'll read that many and if I do many may not fit into the categories provided as his are very versatile and specific.

2. The Modern Mrs. Darcy 2020 Reading Challenge
This challenge has only ten categories with twelve books as one category is three books by the same author. I do think I'll be able to complete this challenge between all the books I plan to read this year and reading with my kids.

3. 2020 Christian Reading Challenge for Women with Jami Balmet
This challenge has two levels, with 13 or 26 books for the year with varying categories but several that repeat. Jami does give books for each category, however I will likely find books in the categories that I already have. There are many I am interested in from her list so I'll keep an eye out for deals.

I'm trying to read my shelves before buying more books. Between the four challenges I'm using as guidelines I hope to make a good dent. I did well reading off my shelf last year. Full disclosure I will be using a couple books I started last year in these challenges as the fit categories I'm seeking to fill. I didn't get all of my reviews written but hoping to do better with reviews this year.

Ready for a year of reading with my family both for learning and fun.

Do any of these challenges peak your interest? What are you reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment