Saturday, January 18, 2020

Back to the Classics Challenge 2020

I am so excited that Karen's Books and Chocolate is hosting her annual Back to the Classics Challenge for this year! I'm hoping that with the books on my shelf, my Kindle and in our curriculum that has many classic gems I'll be able to cover all twelve categories this year. I'm really excited about the categories and the challenge of finding a title for each one.

This year's categories are:

  1. 19th Century Classic
  2. 20th Century Classic
  3. Classic by a Woman Author
  4. Classic in Translation
  5. Classic by a Person of Color
  6. A Genre Classic
  7. Classic with a Person's Name in the Title
  8. Classic with a Place in the Title
  9. Classic with Nature in the Title
  10. Classic About a Family
  11. Abandoned Classic
  12. Classic Adaptation
I will be reading 1984 for my Abandoned Classic because it's one of two I can think of that I never fully finished.
 
Other titles I am considering for this year include:
This Hideous Strength
The Jungle
Little Women
Pilgrim's Progress
Lord of the Flies
The Ugly American
Anne of Green Gables
The City of God
Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglas
Emma
Wuthering Heights
Red Badge of Courage
Tale of Two Cities

These are ones that have caught my attention, but if you have any great suggestions for any of these categories let me know!

Who wants to join me on this challenge? What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment