Monday, January 18, 2021

Medicine News

This book was part of our Core C History with Sonlight.

Being a nurse this book was very interesting to read with my children and share with them discoveries that are directly related to the medical field. Most of the stories, shared in newspaper article form or advertisements, I was familiar with through my nursing studies, but some were new stories showing how things have grown and been applied over the years. I found this extremely interesting and enjoyed sharing this with my children. Our eight-year-old has expressed interest in being a nurse also, so it was good for him to learn this history as well.

Given what's going on in the world, you can see how we have gotten to some of the things we have today. As I relearned this medical history I see how far we have come in the ability to help people heal and preserve earthly life, but I also see where paranoia has come from and some of the detriment that has come from discoveries. This makes for interesting discussions as you recount these discoveries with what is being done in our current situation to see how it is helping us and how it's hurting us. 

I definitely recommend this book as a basic overview of medical history.

4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment