Thursday, January 28, 2021

My Reading Life Challenge

 As I have posted I enjoy using the categories of several reading challenges to help with my book choices throughout the year. This year is no different. 

However one challenge this year was completely different in its structure: Modern Mrs. Darcy My Reading Life Challenge.

This one surprised me in a very good way. While she has previously given categories for the twelve books in her challenge, this year she left it up to you. But you don't choose just any categories your want, instead she has provided a packet to work through asking about why you want to read more, what you need in your reading life and how to incorporate books into your life in other ways. It is extremely creative and really made me think about reading and why I want to read. 

While I still struggled with my categories, I have selected my twelve for the year that are a reflection of some of the books I'm already planning to read and others that I want to read that I keep putting off. So for accountability I'm putting my categories here and planning to read these types of books this year.

My Reading List:

1. Non Mainstream Classic
2. Fantasy
3. A Book Previously Abandoned
4. A Business Book
5. A Book I've Been Meaning to Read
6. A Biography
7. A Book I Chose for the Cover
8. A Book Chosen by Jim
9. A Book that Intimidates Me
10. Youth Fiction
11. A Book I've Read Before
12. A Classic I Didn't Read in School

While there is certainly crossover in categories from other challenges I'm working on, I chose these because of the answers to the other questions I worked through in the packet. Some of the books I have already picked out as well. Let's see how I do!

If you were making your own challenge, what categories would you chose?

No comments:

Post a Comment