Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Gentle and Lowly

I bought this book right before the beginning of the pandemic to read with our Bible study group. Then everything shut down and so I waited to see if we would begin this group again. As things slowly opened back up I was encouraged by one of our pastors to read it and have heard amazing things about it from everyone who's read it. After reading it I wish I had not waited and that I could say I've read it three times already!

This book is a MUST READ for every single person who calls themselves a Christian! While many of the truths discussed in this book I have heard on some level before, the depth to which Dane Ortlund goes into the heart of Christ I have never seen before. He takes you on a journey with Christ to see who He is as He describes Himself. 

How does Jesus describe Himself?

As gentle and lowly!

Reading this truth over and over and how it is shown throughout Scripture gave me a deeper knowledge and understanding of my God and who He is! God has used it to shape me in many ways over the past month and has given me some much needed perspective to help conquer many thoughts and feelings I've been wrestling with. It was a solid reminder that God draws near to us when we're broken and sinful instead of pushing us away. He understand more deeply than we every could the struggle and the heartache. 

This book helped me to draw near to my Savior and it continues to grow as I reflect on what I've learned. I highly recommend you read this book as soon as possible and read it again and again. I know I will be reading this one again in the next year as I need these reminders constantly!

5 stars for this amazing book!


Reading Challenges: 

2021 Reading Challenge with Tim Challies: A book your pastor recommends in the obsessed section

2021 Christian Reading Challenge with Jami Balmet: One of the Christian Living options

2021 Intentional By Grace Reading Challenge: Recommended by your Pastor on Level 3


No comments:

Post a Comment