Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Child's History of the World

This history read is part of our Core B/C with Sonlight.

This was a fun book to take you through history. The chapters are short and easy to read. They are definitely written to catch the attention of children. It has a decent amount of detail, but I would only consider it to be a brief overview of certain history. It covers all areas of the world, but not all areas for all time. Essentially, it covers major events. Our children enjoyed reading this together and talking about different parts of the world throughout time. I learned many things that I did not know. I appreciated that it took a more of a neutral perspective, but it was a little bit biased in some areas. On the whole not a bad overview, though I can't say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

3 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment