Friday, February 12, 2021

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Reading this book again was more than worth. Having grown exponentially in my reading capacity and comprehension since the last time I read it, I enjoyed it exponentially more the second time around. 

This brilliant last segment of the Harry Potter Saga had me enthralled from the first page. Even though I know this story very well, the books are so much richer and deeper than the movie and reading the internal struggles with the external drama had me drawn into their world. More than once I found my eyes moist, feeling with them what needed to be done or what they thought. 

The battle of good vs evil, light vs dark has been at the center of tales since the fall in the garden, and this story tells it with great feeling and detail. As I read the details of this incredible story, I found myself baffled that this woman is no where close to Christian in her faith. The details that mirror things from the Bible are fantastic and it's a reminder that even those that don't know God through Jesus still have a longing for that Savior and tell stories with one in it. This book has the opportunity to open doors with non-believers who enjoy these books to show them that while this book shows an imperfect savior, there is a Perfect Savior that we can know and trust. 

Rowling is such an artful story teller and it was a treat to read this again for personal study as well. I look forward to reading these books again with my children as they grow and learn to grow in my writing as well. 

5 stars for this final episode


Reading Challenges:

I'm using this book as a book with at least 400 pages in the Avid section of the Tim Challies 2021 Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment