Sunday, February 7, 2021

Window on the World

This book was part of our Bible and History studies with Sonlight Core C.

Window on the World is a great snapshot of different countries and people groups all over the world. We absolutely love learning about different people all over the world and learning how God is working and moving in different places. Along with the culture and people groups we also learned about other prominent religions around the world and how those religions differ from Christ-following. This gave us an opportunity to look at how different Christ and His salvation is vs the others that require you to work hard enough or be good enough to earn your salvation. 

I appreciate that this book was real and didn't shy away from hard things and explained them in a way that was easy to share with children of all ages. Our family enjoyed reading about and praying for these people together as we learned what God was doing in those places. Even with all my world missions studies there were a few groups I was unfamiliar with and enjoyed learning about. In fact, I want to go visit one of these people groups during my life time if the Lord allows it.

The biggest downside with this book is that it's 20 years old. I would love to see this updated to know how this book has helped people pray and to see what God has done in these people groups since this book was published. 

I also struggled with the wording of some of the prayer requests, but that may just me be and my idiosyncrasies. I absolutely recommend this book, I'm just not sure I can give it five stars.

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment