Friday, March 5, 2021

Faith Like Flamingos

It was such a blessing to read this book from my business coach, Katie Hornor. I found a class of hers last year at the start of the pandemic when I knew God was leading us to work on growing our ministry business that he had put on our hearts years before and have been learning from her for almost a year. As part of my continual growth I read her book, Faith Like Flamingos.

Since I've been in classes with her this past year, I have heard much of this from her teaching, but reading it brought much of it to life at a deeper level. Reading truths about being a Christian in the market place and standing out for God's glory is extremely important at this point in history. Katie is creative in the way she uses the flamingo to show different attributes of a Godly business owner like how what we "eat" shows in how we display ourselves, how we need each other to push and encourage each other in fighting the good fight and knowing what parts of your story need to be shared an when. 

Faith Like Flamingos is well thought out and put together so that it is easy to read and fluent. The chapters are short, sweet and to the point while also being personal and deep. At the end of each chapter there are questions for reflection that were very helpful and that I need to go back a revisit frequently.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and I highly recommend it whether you are planning to start a business or not. The principles in this book can be applied to every area of the Christian walk. 

5 stars for The Christian Guide to Walking Out Your Faith in Bold Color!

Reading Challenges:

This book falls into several of the ones I'm working on.

1. A book About Business from Tim Challies 2021 Reading Challenge

2. I'm counting this as a Christian Living Book for the 2021 Christian Reading Challenge with Jason and Jami Balmet

3. A Business Book in the Modern Mrs. Darcy My Reading Life Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment