Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Llama Who Had No Pajama

This book of poetry is part of our Core A Curriculum with Sonlight.

I'm not the person to really critique a book of poetry as the poetry world is not my jam, however I'm going to give it a go all the same. 

On the whole the book had good poetry that helped introduce concepts, solidify what they had learned in other places and stirred the imagination. This book has all types of poetry, most of which I don't know the classifications for. There were several haikus and a couple of shape poems. Most were nice and fairly easy to read, which is a bonus, but some, in true poetic fashion, were just annoying and challenging to read out loud. 

My children really enjoyed these and always enjoyed evaluating the poems for their style and content. They also enjoyed the illustrations that went with the poems and evaluating them. Even though I found them frustrating, they were an excellent learning tool. 

I'd give this book of poetry 4 stars.

Reading Challenges:

I'm counting this is my book of poetry in the committed section for the 2021 Reading Challenge with Tim Challies

I'm also counting this as my book of poetry in level 3 of the 2021 Intentional By Grace Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment