Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Remember Me (Prayer of Hannah)

By Jamie Barnes

Remember me, Oh God - In my affliction
Your daughters call upon your name
I’m not full of new wine, but Holy Spirit
Tossed in the wake of my shame

If you read the lips of this silent prayer
Favor your servant, my aim to bear
No razor shall come to a single hair of our young - of our young

Let the joy that lives in me leap in your proximity
Oh mothers of Israel behold the son
Who has opened the womb of the barren
You have opened the womb of the barren.
You have opened the womb

Remember me, Oh God
In my condition
Your daughters call upon your name
We do not fear the snow
We’re draped in scarlet
Hued by the blood of the lamb.

May we raise our children to call us blessed
and bathe them with tongues of righteousness
as we will claim them back from the jackal's breast
We will claim them back. We will claim them back.

Two songs in one day! I meant to post this on Mother's Day as it was written for the occasion by one of our music leaders at Sojourn.
You can go to this link to hear the song and get a chord sheet as well as learn more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment