- Learning to have deep conversations
- Celebrating new life with friends
- The Sholtes family
- Finding out we're having another baby
- Being due the day after my sister :)
- Being able to go to Georgia for a week
- Visiting with the Kalath family
- Mamaliga cu brunza!
- Celebrating Gabriel's 2nd Birthday
- Visiting with the Elrod family
- Meeting baby Lily
- My kids loving to play with their cousins
- Thanksgiving with my family
- Good visit with family
- Watching "Winning London"
- Getting to go to the closing session of Sojourn Network Conference
- The Cheong family
- Learning more and more to rely fully on God to be my everything
- Time to rest and sleep
- God's continual provision
Thursday, December 4, 2014
During the month of thankfulness, I should have so much to be thankful for, but my brain is at a loss and I did not write as I went through the month. It has been a challenging month, but I know I can remember quite a few things to be thankful for. So here it goes.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
- Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes, usually for strength or wisdom sporadically throughout the day
- Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Not at all
- Memorize verses with the kids - Did not learn anything new in November
- Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I have made Proverbs 31:10-31 part of Lillian's school curriculum for this year and have most of it memorized generally still need to get it in solidly.
- Go out for a date once a month- Still going on 1 a week and I think this is our new goal
- Go on a night away once this year- Yes, went overnight to Lexington for our 10th anniversary, and planning to go away a few days at the end of December
- Read 3 books together this year- We did no reading together but SOM work this month
- Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Still improving, but mostly
- Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Not at all
- Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Missed a couple due to weather
- Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- No and this will not happen the rest of the year
- Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Did not write in any this month, have catching up to do
- Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- I did not even try to work on this. Clearly this was a little over ambitious for this year. Maybe in 2015
- Keep up with cleaning schedule- Nope
- Keep up with my calendar- I wrote most everything on my calendar,that's about as far as it went
- Being fully present when with my family- Getting better at this, though this mostly meant being present with Jim this month
- Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- Yes
- Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- This may have been too, lofty of a goal. I do not see getting another one in this year as it stands right now.
Start Childbirth Conversation blog- Yes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
- Read a book a month aside from Class material- I'm reading a lot between reading with Jim, school with the kids and by myself, so we finished some books with school, but I did not personally finish anything this month
- Journal 5 days a week- I think I wrote maybe 3 days
- Write (books) 3 days a week- No writing
- Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- No editing
- Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
- Plan for next novel and write in November- I don't think I will be doing this. There is just too much going on.
- Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Have not worked on this
- Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes!
- Blog 3 days a week- Obviously I blogged 0 days in November
- Go to water aerobics once a week- Still not getting this in. Would love to, but still working on family priorities
Maintain weight until birth-
- Lose weight after giving birth- This goal is on hold until after I give birth again! Now I'm back to the above goal
What can I say about November? I barely remember it. It was really hard physically, emotionally and spiritually. Most days were spent in long hard conversations with little sleep. I had little time with God, but He continued to sustain me. All of my goals went out the window as I sought to care for my Jim and help him wrestle through truth, the most important task I have been given in this life. God has shown me how good He is, even in the middle of challenges. He has even chosen to bless us with another child. My God is amazing and continues to show me His goodness and greatness everyday. Without Him, I would be lost.
How was November for you?
How was November for you?
On November 28th our 4th turned 2! It's hard to believe 2 years have passed since Gabriel joined our family, as so much has happened. Gabriel has grown so much in 2 years. Recently he has become so verbal, talking and crying to be heard. He loves his siblings and wants attention from everyone. It's so much fun watching him wrestle with his brothers. Jamey loves to tickle him and make him laugh. Gabriel has a contagious smile and laugh. He gives a big cheese smile when we pull out the camera. He loves to explore and be outside. Running is so much better than walking. This year he got to move into a crib in the room with the older boys, which he loves. It is such a blessing watching him grow closer to his brothers. Though he does have the role of annoying little brother down pat when he really wants to bother them. :)
Gabriel is rough and tumble, but also very sensitive. He loves hugs and snuggles. When he gets hurt he wants his Daddy. He loves his Daddy. He also loves to snuggle with Mama. It's so much fun rocking with my sweet little boy.
Gabriel loves to learn as long as he is moving around. (Such a boy :) ) He really likes to sing, dance and clap. I think we have a real music lover on our hands. Anytime he hears music he pays attention. He is beginning to like to color and read books. He really wants to write. It is so fun watching Gabriel learn and grow.
Gabriel loves to eat and eats just about anything you put in front of him. He could eat all the time, and it sometimes feels like he does. It was such a blessing to celebrate his birthday with family on Thanksgiving day. We are so thankful for Gabriel's life in our lives!
Father, thank you for giving Gabriel to our family. He is such a blessing! I pray You will save him by Your grace and make him into a mighty man of Yours. Give Gabriel a deep love for You, Your word and Your ways. May he love You with all his heart, soul, mind and strength.