Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Different Sort of Good-Bye

So at this time it is not yet good-bye, but the good-byes are starting. We have been in community with 4 wonderful families the past 9 months or so and knew when it started that this time would come. All of us have a heart for the nations and it is fast approaching the time for all of them to move to the next phase God has planned for them. We met Sunday night to discuss these things and it was so bittersweet. These women have become prayer partners, friends, sisters and I love them as my own family. It is difficult to get to know people for a little while and then it be time to say an earthly good-bye. I am so excited and proud of these families as they follow God's call on their lives. Knowing that no matter what happens next here on this earth we will be reunited around God's throne one day helps tremendously. Though I am not a huge technology buff, when they are gone I know that because of the technology we will be able to "see" them and talk to them no matter how far they are. I pray that God continues to grow my heart for them and their work as we support them on this side. I pray "Lord, please help me not to forget" as in our culture it is so easy to be "out of sight out of mind". Guard me from this and let me remember them everyday.
As I said, it is still not an actual good-bye yet. For 3 of them a couple more months remain, but 1 family will be going on the next phase in about a month. It's so bittersweet but a wonderful time of learning how important following God really is. It is a testimony to all around us that Jesus is more important than anything in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment