Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Very Funny, Elizabeth!

I read this book with my daughter after reading the Felicity series with her earlier this year. We found it at the library and Lillian was so excited! It was an interesting story. It's primary focus was on Elizabeth (Felicity's best friend) and her family. It is about Elizabeth's sister, Annabelle, getting engaged and Elizabeth playing jokes on her sister who is all about being prim and proper and becoming a lady in England, hence the title, though I feel like the title is not the best for this book.

I did enjoy reading about the engagement and seeing Elizabeth's view on it. I also enjoyed reading the historical view of marriage during that time. It was interesting, but not that great.

I would give it 3.5 stars as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment