Thursday, February 15, 2018

Year 34


Tuesday I turned 34. Each year becomes more and more reflective as you realize how little time you really have. This past year has been a crazy and very unpredictable year for our family, and it has caused me to stop and really think about what life is.

As a Christian, I know it is to bring God glory. I have always known that intellectually. But as I think back, I realize that generally I live life as if it is mine and not God's. My 34th year on earth has really been opening my eyes to the fact that I must seek God in everything because I need God for everything.

Without Him I have nothing. He gave Jesus, His only Son, to die for me! In Jesus, God has brought be from spiritual death into spiritual life. Why, then, do I think I can live life how I want? Why do I think I can feed the flesh and still honor God? How much more God shows me that this is how we all live and that following God takes prayer, reading the Word and intentional living in everything. It takes community and a life with other believers. It take repentance and fighting the flesh. And by His daily grace, I can do these things.

We lost a beautiful Sister at our church recently, and the theme throughout her funeral that she had learned was, "So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12. And this is what God has been teaching me as well. Father, teach me to number my days and live in Your wisdom!

Because that is what life is about. Living for God's Kingdom for God's glory. We do that by living the life He has called us to and doing this beside His people in the lives He has called them to.

So learning this so deeply in year 34, I pray that I will live this in year 35 and beyond. To seek God in everything and to live His way in the life He has given me. So bring on year 35 with God!


No comments:

Post a Comment