Sunday, August 1, 2010

Farmer's Market, Neighbors, Kids and Church

I so wish I could just think and the things I wanted to post on here would just appear. Several things have happened that I would like to share but I can't just stop what I'm doing and write a post at the drop of a hat. Hopefully I will remember all. If not, I will just come back and do another post.
At a church just down the street they have a big farmer's market on Saturday mornings. I was so impressed! They had all kinds of home grown and home made goods. Some Mennonites and Amish were there. I have never seen so much home done meats in one place. There were also fruits, veggies, eggs, cheese, grain, granola, bread, soaps, honey, jellies, gelato plus a couple of local business like great harvest, an organic cupcake place and a bakery with vegan cookies! So much variety there. Louisville truly has the best of both worlds. You're in a city but the country is just down the road. Love it!
Yesterday afternoon our neighbor brought us some traditional Iraqi food. Super YUM! We were also invited to go to the park with them in the evening, however between the time of the invite and the time to go the mother became ill and they were unable to go. Please pray for this relationship to develop. They are very nice and open so we are praying for opportunities to spend time with them and get to know them.
My kids never cease to amaze me. They are growing so quickly and learning so much. Lillian is about to roll over. She tries so hard. Jamey is all over the place and talking up a storm. He, of course, has his nonsensical jabber that is continuous, but his vocabulary has expanded greatly in the past week. Some new words include: block, spoon, shoe, wall, light on, light off, and today he said Bible! When you say music he does a little dance. When you turn on the music he claps and bounces. And he does ask to turn the music on (his CD). I think we have a musician in the making.

Church today was wow. God definitely spoke to me. The question today: Is your Jesus too small? I know it sounds a bit of a sacrilegious question, but think about it. How often do we take things into our own hands instead of letting God handle it? We try to plan, scheme, figure out everything on our own instead of letting God have control. The way it was put today, we will let Jesus take care of our spirituality, but we take care of our job, our finances, our relationships, our time without letting Jesus into the mix. But Jesus is Big! He created the whole universe and He holds all of the universe together. Jesus made the image of God visible to us. He has rescued us, transferred us, redeemed us and forgiven us through His sacrifice on the cross, through His blood. To listen to the sermon on this visit sojournchurch.com. The text is Colossians 1:14-23. Remember this week, Jesus is bigger than anything you are facing. Let Him be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment