Friday, August 19, 2011

Whining

I know that whining is part of the growing process for kids, but some days it feels like that is the only way Jamey knows how to communicate. I am constantly saying, "I cannot understand you", "please use your words", "that is not how we get what we want", like a broken record. Even if he likes something it might be said in a whiny voice. It is so crazy. And it completely wears on my nerves. Needless to say I find myself always checking my attitude and reminding myself that I am the adult and I need to act like it. It seriously tries my patience.
I have written before about how children help in the sanctification process, but right now it is seriously stretching me. As I go to God I have begun to think about how I approach God. Do I go to God like a two year old child whining about how much I want something, do not want to do something, how unfair I feel life is, etc or like an adult talking to a friend who also is the Almighty God? Many times I am going to Him like the whiny child with some complaint about something. I feel like I am owed something and I must have my way. Recently I have definitely evaluated how I come before God. It is obviously a process, as everything is, but I try to think of the Lord's prayer when I come before Him, giving Him praise and honor and confessing my sins before bringing my concerns before the Lord.
Children seriously point out the sin and failure in your life. But praise God for Jesus Christ who has washed me clean and declared me right before God and continually works in my life through the Holy Spirit to sanctify me and make me more like Jesus every day. Having children helps you understand how God views His children. It brings so much pleasure and some pain, but every day is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment