Friday, January 13, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yes, I do realize it is a couple weeks late, but what can I say, life is busy and sometimes other things just take priority. I do not do New Year's Resolutions because there is nothing magical about January 1st. That being said, I do have goals of things that I want to grow in, get better at, etc. I have seen this on a few blogs and really like the idea of things I want to do, strive for, try, or what have you in the next year. So some things that I have thought about and considered to strive for in 2012:

1. Grow closer to the Lord and learn His Word to the best of my ability to test everything I am learning and trust that His Holy Spirit will guide me to what He desires me to do
2. Making my home a priority
3. Learning more about grace: both the grace given me though Christ and giving grace to those around me
4. To become somewhat comfortable in the kitchen, not a gourmet chef, but just not freak out when I try to make something I have never made before.
5. Be diligent in scheduling. This I am sure will require constant revising, but my goal is to always begin the day with the Lord and allow Him to guide my days so that I may not accomplish everything I want, but I will accomplish what He desires for me to do.
6. Reading more! By this I mean not just a bathroom book but reading at least one book a month on top of my reading for SWI.
7. Write more! This includes journaling, blogging here, blogging for others when needed, working on my fiction works, working on potential non-fiction book(s) and songs/poetry. I really do have a love for writing and I know God wants me to use it for something.
8. Prepare lesson plans 2-3 weeks in advance (or at least think and start prep 2-3 weeks ahead) and be more diligent in preparing things that will challenge the kids and me
9. Exercise Regularly
10. Eat healthier and make better decisions in the food department
11. Begin learning how to garden and hopefully have a small one this year
12. Decrease the amount of TV I watch. With Jim working evenings sometimes I can get sucked in and waste so much time that I could be doing more productive things (see above)
13. Pick a curriculum to increase formality with Jamey for school this coming school year
14. Sew Something!
15. Learn as much as I can

This is not an exhaustive list, but it's a beginning. My ultimate goal is the first and to bring God glory with everything I do to make His name great among the nations. Please feel free to ask how things are going and hold me accountable. The Lord has already done more in me than I could imagine and I know He will continue to draw me to Himself as I seek Him. Here's to 2012 whatever it may bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment