- Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Definitely a lot of praying this month!
- Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Yes until Malachi was born
- Memorize verses with the kids - working on this during school time
- Have extended prayer times 4 times during the year- Jim has had 3 and I have had 3
- Read Christian books (Jim- 1 (not school related), Emmie- 3)- 1 for me so far and started "Mission of Motherhood" this month
- Pray together daily- YES!
- Go out for a date once a week- We did until Malachi was born
- Go on a night away once this year- Yes! We were able to get away for 2 whole days for our Anniversary! Big thanks to Becca, Shannon, Julianne, Victor and Ariana who made this possible for us! It was wonderful
- Read 3 books together this year (read one day a week)- No and is not likely to happen at this point
- Discuss plan weekly on Saturday afternoon- Um, no
- Spend 15 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Not sure about this
- Special Outing Alone twice during the year with each child- No individual dates this month
- Family fun activity once a month- With Malachi being late, what we planned ended up not happening
- Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- No writing this month, but I am mostly caught up
- Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- No work was done on this, likely will not happen at this point
- Keep up with cleaning schedule- Honestly we need to make a schedule
- Keep up with my calendar- Did not do this well
- Being fully present when with my family- Definitely a struggle this month, but did have a few good moments
- Try 12 new recipes this year- (8) Still at 8 for the year
- No TV 2 days a week (watching)- Nope It's gotten hard with being really pregnant and heat
- Begin gardening in the spring- This is not likely to happen and obviously not in spring since we are well past spring
- Continue sending out Prayer List- Yes
- Read a book a month for myself- I finished "Murder on the Orient Express", "A Murder is Announced" and "The Old Man and The Sea"
- Jim read one fiction book- Yes! He finished "Eragon", Eldest", and "Brisingr"
- Journal 5 days a week- Until Malachi was born I did
- Jim Journal 3 days a week- Yes
- Edit novel to prepare for publishing- No work on this
- Book Club once a month- Yes! Thankful I was able to attend the last at Bre's house
- Continue to meet once a month with writing group- I fell down on this meeting this month! Sad that it happened
- Blog 1-2 days a week- Yes! Thank you book reviews
- Mild Exercise twice a week- Um not at all
- Maintain weight until birth- This did not happen, so I have extra work to do now
- Lose weight after giving birth-
Obviously this update is late! August was a blur. It was spent praying for baby to come, for labor to start, while still trying to live. We had some time with family, and enjoyed having Becca home a little more as she prepared for her wedding. August 22 we welcomed our 7th baby, Malachi Edwin! The rest of the month was spent with adjustments, so many of our goals were put to the side or minimized. Hoping we will get normalized out in the next month!
How was August for you?
How was August for you?