Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Evaluation

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Most days it was "HELP ME!" all day long
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Maybe most days. 
  • Memorize verses with the kids - Some
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I read over Proverbs 31:10-31 and have 10-14 down, still working on getting this in my daily routine
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a month- Yes
  • Go on a night away once this year- No, need to figure out when this might be possible
  • Read 3 books together this year- We have not started any yet
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Sort of
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Due to the nature of the month this did not happen every week, but we have gotten some good one on one time in with the kids here and there
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- I think we went once
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- Nope
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- No writing this month
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Did nothing with this during April
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- Not much at all
  • Keep up with my calendar- Did fairly well with this overall, still room for improvement
  • Being fully present when with my family- This was challenging, but I was able to some
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- I had to cancel in April, sadly. Looking forward to May
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- I've had 1 this year and hope to get in 3 more after the baby is born
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blog- Yes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material- Yes! This month I read "Girl Talk" and "The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Romance"
  • Journal 5 days a week- No, I did not journal much at all sadly
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- Nope
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- No
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
  • Plan for next novel and write in November- Worked on some planning one day!
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Have done a few days of Russian and still remember most of it!
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- We weren't able to meet in April. Looking forward to our May meeting 
  • Blog 3 days a week- I did this on both blogs during the beginning of the month, but after the baby I have taken a little hiatus 
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Just the first week, and will not be able to return until June
  • Maintain weight until birth- Gained more than I wanted, but less than previous pregnancies!
  • Lose weight after giving birth- Beginning to lose the weight, but not being super active about it at the moment
April has been wonderful and hard all at the same time! We welcomed our 5th child, Samuel Hezekiah on April 15th. Before that was super busy with Jim's classes and him going to a conference as well as being pregnant and more than ready to have the baby. My focus was on making it through the day and so many of my projects went by the wayside. After having Sam, it was a challenging recovery as my birth was harder than expected. In the last few days I have begun to feel more normal and have started working on a few things again. It has been an exciting month filled with challenges, but I could not be more thankful for what God has taught me during this month.

How was April for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment