- Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes
- Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Not really sure, Maybe half the month
- Memorize verses with the kids - No
- Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I read over Proverbs 31:10-31 and have 10-14 down, Have not even worked on this in May
- Go out for a date once a month- Yes, we have been able to go on a couple!
- Go on a night away once this year- Have one planned for our 10th anniversary in less than 2 weeks
- Read 3 books together this year- We started our first book yesterday. Looking forward to it!
- Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Sort of, getting better at it
- Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Some, but not a lot. Right now Jim and I are working on making our marriage 1st priority, so this will come later
- Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Yes
- Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- Yes
- Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- Wrote in all of their journals at least once
- Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- Did nothing with this during May
- Keep up with cleaning schedule- Getting back into it
- Keep up with my calendar- Did fairly well with this overall, still room for improvement
- Being fully present when with my family- This has been very hard this month with a lot going on, hoping this will get easier as we make needed adjustments
- Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month- Yes
- Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- This may have been too, lofty of a goal. As of right now I might get 1 more in this year
- Start Childbirth Conversation blog- Yes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
- Read a book a month aside from Class material- Yes! This month I read "Girl Talk" and "The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Romance"
- Journal 5 days a week- Not 5 days a week, but I have journaled more, and have done a lot the last couple of weeks
- Write (books) 3 days a week- Nope
- Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- Did a little editing one day
- Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
- Plan for next novel and write in November- Worked on some planning one day!
- Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Worked on it a couple times
- Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! Had a nice meeting with Claire
- Blog 3 days a week- I averaged this between both blogs during this month. Hoping to write a little more next month as I learn and grow
- Go to water aerobics once a week- Unable to do this this month, hoping to start back soon
- Maintain weight until birth- Gained more than I wanted, but less than previous pregnancies!
- Lose weight after giving birth- Beginning to lose the weight, but not being super active about it at the moment
May has been hard. Jim and I have both realized that we need to truly put our marriage first and so some of my other goals may be put on hold until we sort out what our new schedule needs to look like. June will be focused on God and Jim as we seek to put our priorities in the right order. God is showing us that is what needs to be done. May has been spent discovering this need for change and catapulting us quite forcefully in that direction. Praying that next month will be full of joy!
How was your May?
How was your May?