Friday, October 9, 2015

The Accidental Feminist by Courtney Reissig

My friend, Dawn, recommended this book to me and I am so thankful she did. I think everyone should read this book, and if you are a Christian, you absolutely should read this. Women, it has something for everyone. Men, I believe it would be useful for you in understanding the women in your life, especially if you are married.

This book is a very quick read, but has so much in it. Mrs. Reissig gives a brief history of feminism and explains how feminism has effected different parts of our lives as well as defining what it means to be a woman. She does an excellent job of applying the different aspects she covers to women of all stages of life. It is Biblically sound and does not give a list of dos and don'ts, but allows room for us to learn and apply the teachings to our own lives. The questions at the end of each chapter help in discerning how the topic fits into your life or has altered your thinking. I also enjoyed her writing style. My only issue was the occasional repetitiveness that I did not feel was necessary, but others might appreciate the repetition for themselves.

Again, I say, read this book!

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment