Friday, March 13, 2020

Our Van Is Full

Today I am 24 weeks pregnant with our tenth blessing! 


Twenty-four weeks is when the big happy dance takes place in my heart and soul. I'm always thrilled at the knowledge of another blessing joining our family, but when I hit the week that my baby will normally do well if they are born early, everything changes.

I'm ready now for another little one. I relax. My heart and mind are in the fully engaged in preparing for the labor and birth of another child. I'm sharing the baby's movement with Jim and the other children because they can now feel it too. It all becomes so real.

And I'm grateful!

It's such a blessing to reach the 24th week. It's such a blessing to carry an image bearer. It's a blessing to welcome new life.

I reflect on the Psalms, especially 127, 128 and 139.

But also Psalm 23 as there are still trying days that come from growing a new life inside my body as well as teaching, training and schooling 9 other children. It also prepares me for the labor to come.

When we found out we were expecting our first child nearly 12 years ago, I never knew what God had in store for our family.


Who would have thought that we would have a 12-passenger van filled with children?

Not Me!!!

But I'm so grateful for this life with a large family that God has given to us. I'm thankful for the different life we have. I'm thankful for the grace that God gives us to learn and grow as He grows our family. It's such a beautiful thing.

It is challenging. It is non-stop work. But is is so good.

Thank You, Father, for filling our van!


No comments:

Post a Comment