Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Just Open the Door

Just Open the Door is a study on Biblical Hospitality that uses the Bible as our study guide for why we should open our door to the others. I did this study with some of our women from Smyrna First and it was a blessing to learn more about hospitality from Jen Schmidt and encourage each other in this Biblical command.

While I thoroughly enjoyed this book, there was nothing surprising in it. For me, it was a timely reminder of what it means to be hospitable and why it's important to open our door to anyone and everyone who is in need. It was also a great reminder to look to Jesus who, though He did not have a home, was the perfect example of hospitality and He should be our example as we seek to show hospitality to those around us. I was reminded of what it means to show hospitality to those in my home as well so that I can teach them to be hospitable.

Jen also challenges us to say yes when it's uncomfortable. This is the epitome of what it means to be like Jesus. We're to invite in the lost, lonely, poor, widowed, orphan, homeless. I really want our family to grow in this.

Though this study is meant to be a video study, this book can stand on it's own.

I highly recommend this book for all who call themselves Christian!

4.5 Stars

Reading Challenges:
For the Tim Challies 2020 Reading Challenge I'm counting this book as a book about Christian Living
For the 2020 Christian Reading Challenge for Women with Jami Balmet I'm using this as a Christian Living book.

No comments:

Post a Comment