Thursday, April 2, 2020

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I am very much enjoying reading the Harry Potter series again. The third book in this series was so much better than I even remembered.

Since I've read it before I really enjoyed seeing all the breadcrumbs left to point to things to come in the future of the story. This book had me laughing out loud regularly and made me wonder where they got the movie from!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban tells us more information about Harry, his parents and their tragic death. We learn more of the crazy world of wizards as well and how they use the powers of their world to help those in trouble.

On the whole I really enjoyed this book. I do think this book needs to be reserved for middle school and up because of the increasing darkness and the tragic circumstances that we learn about Harry's family and death. With these things come excellent talking points to learn how to deal with tragedy, how to investigate and not taking for granted that you know the truth about people or circumstances.

There is a little bit of language and the clear attitude of Harry feeling invincible. There is disrespect to authority that they do not like. There is a clear story line of revenge that needs to be discussed from a Biblical standpoint. None of this takes away from the heart of the story and how much you can learn from it.

I give this book 4.5 stars!

Reading Challenges:
This is my third book in Three Books by the Same Author in The Modern Mrs. Darcy 2020 Reading Challenge.
In the Tim Challies 2020 Reading Challenge I'm using it as a book of my choice in the Avid section of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment