Friday, October 22, 2010

Balance

This is the word God has been continuously teaching me since moving to Louisville. We have to balance everything in life and it is much more complicated sometimes that we think it should be. Balance family and church and ministry and friends. Balancing school and work along with everything else for Jim. But I am so thankful that I serve a God who can teach me this balance and guides me in the balance and corrects me when I tip the scale too far in a particular direction.
My biggest struggle right now is learning balance within the home. Should be easy, right? No. As I really evaluate what all needs to be done to run a home efficiently, I realize how inadequate I really am as a human to do this. Only by God's grace can I run a home. Only by God's grace can a be the helper my husband needs. Only by God's grace can I raise my children in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Only by God's grace can I do anything. And I thank God that He has saved me through the blood of Jesus so that I can do these things to bring Him glory and honor.
I love my Embracing Femininity class. It has reiterated this concept to me. As I look at scripture I see how God wants me to be. I see that I need to make the appropriate choices to be the woman He intends for me to be. I know that only by His grace can I do these things. And I pray that by living in His guidance that others will see that there is something difference in me.
I am also truly learning the truth that there are enough hours in the day to do what God wants you to do (paraphrase from Nancy Leigh DeMoss). This too is part of the balance. Some days some things get done. Some days some other things get done. I know that God and my family have to take priority and that after I take care of those things everything else seem to fall in to place. Not always perfectly as this world is still fallen, but I have gotten some things accomplished the last couple of days that I have been wanting to do. The Lord is gracious and is directing my path. I am still having difficulties in prioritizing some of the other things that need to be done, but God is teaching me and it is coming along.
I can't believe it's been a quarter of a year since we moved here. 3 months plus! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment