Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Loving the Fall

The weather is so beautiful right now. I'm loving the balanced temperature though it does make dressing the kids a bit difficult. The kids and I had a great evening. We went on a nice walk around the complex with the Powells and then went with the Al-wahibs to Target. I love knowing and spending time with my neighbors. It was like that when I was a kid, but as an adult we knew who our neighbors were but did not spend time together. I am really enjoying helping the Al-wahibs learn English. I have never wanted to be a teacher and I'm starting to realize that the reason for this is I do not like the structured environment of a classroom. I enjoy situations that teach and using the things around us to help people learn. For example, Nada rode with me to Target and I taught her the different names for vehicles. As we walked around Target I taught her different words and how to ask for things. It's wonderful! And it is nice when people ask you to correct them when they say something wrong. This is a completely new concept for me. It seems as if people want to be right even when they are trying to learn. But I have been asked to correct them when they use incorrect words or grammar. They really want to learn. It is humbling because I know I am one of those people who wants to be right even when I'm not. And I know there are many times when I am not. So I challenge you, me, all of us to be willing to graciously take correction. Do you avoid trying to learn because you are afraid to mess up? Do you make excuses when you do something incorrectly? This is pride and pride is sin. I need help with my pride and every day I realize it more.
On another note I spent all of this wonderful time with people (which I do believe is more important) instead of working on my SWI homework. To be perfectly honest I am really struggling with it. I am suppose to write a paragraph about a positive feminine trait that is a strength and a paragraph about a negative feminine trait that I pray to change by God's grace. Both of these lists are extensive and I cannot figure out one that I believe is really a strength. That's why I signed up for this class. And the negative I could probably write a whole book. Again why I signed up for this class. Maybe I'm too hard on myself, but I really do feel lost in this area. By God's grace I will become a Godly woman and be what He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment