Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

This Sunday was parent-child dedication Sunday and we dedicated Lillian to the Lord. It was a wonderful time. My family came up and our friends Ali and Asma came to the service. It was such a blessing to have friends and family there.
Monday evenings twice a month we have conversation English classes at the meeting room in our complex. It is so much fun as we get to learn about people and cultures while teaching them to speak, read and write English. This week we talked about marriage and family and the lady I was working with was married at 12 years old! Her mother was married at 7! It is amazing to hear this. We all know that it happened in times past but to hear of people married that young in the last 50 years is so interesting and to meet someone who it happened to is incredible.
After class the kids and I spent some time with the Al-wahibs doing English conversation as they were unable to make the class. They are so loving and welcoming. I seriously need to learn better hospitality.
My SWI class will start tomorrow and it is Embracing Femininity. Hopefully this will touch on hospitality as that certainly is part of learning to be female but there is another class on it i hope to take in the future.
I have so much to learn to become the woman God wants and has designed me to be. It has been quite a struggle recently as many times I just feel inadequate and helpless. But that isn't right. That minimizes the Gospel because I am in Christ and in Christ I have been made adequate as He gives me help. I am looking forward to a day when this will all be natural and make since, but I am in no hurry.
I am enjoying raising my kids and loving on them. Jamey is starting to really eat more finally, though he still has his days. Lillian and I exercise to help her learn to sit up. She is trying. These kids grow so fast and I am really beginning to realize how little time we really have with them.
We had a nice morning with our friends Ann and Ian. We tried to go to the pool but it was closed so we walked around the seminary and neighborhoods around it. Great exercise but I was exhausted afterward.
This is the first full week with Jim being on his "normal" schedule and school so we will see how it goes. Thankfully with his schedule he does still have time at home during the day and 3 evenings off a week, however half that time is spent on school. I just have to remind myself God has put us here and now for His purposes and I just have to look to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment