Thursday, December 2, 2010

7 Months, Snow and Sugar

Today, my precious little girl is 7 months old. How fast the time has gone. She decided to give us a little scare by dropping 11 ounces in very little time, but with solid food she is gaining it back nicely. God has been so good to us. It has snowed some the last 2 days. So we have enjoyed watching it fall and got a couple pictures of Lillian in her first snow. Needless to say she was unimpressed. Not at all thrilled with frozen water falling on her. She is so cold natured. I just don't know what to do with her. She is quite the opposite of the rest of the family and it is so difficult keeping her bundled enough. Hopefully with the solid food she will get some meet on her bones to help her stay warm. Today she ate a whole banana in one sitting! I was amazed.
Another fun thing today, for me at least, was my friend Ann calling to borrow some sugar. I know it seems so silly, but it reminds me of stories from "the good ol' days" and it makes me smile. I am so thankful to have people in my life that can ask me for things and I can ask them. That is part of Gospel living. We must be able to help each other and not be afraid to ask for help. We have created such an independent society that people are afraid to ask for help or people become overly dependent. We cannot live in extremes. We need each other and we need to do our part. That is how we were created and I am thankful to be learning more about that first hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment