Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton

I have completed my 12th book for the Back to the Classics Challenge I have been participating in this year. This is in the category of Forgotten Classics.

The Man Who Was Thursday was a very interesting read. The beginning half in particular was very much like reading a suspense novel and had me wanting to read more and more. In fact the subtitle is "A Nightmare." The conversation is deep and intellectual. The descriptions capture your imagination and put you into the story. The suspense of what is happening drives the story.

Near the end of the book it got a little weird in that, "what is really going on" sense, and I lost a little momentum. But the conclusion was interesting and extremely ethereal. I do not want to spoil the ending, but it was very interesting to say the least. I would like to read this again and look for more clues throughout the book, now that I know how it ends.

I would recommend this book and would love to read more of Chesterton's works.

4.5 stars for this forgotten classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment