Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Back to the Classics Challenge Final Wrap-Up

I did it! I finished all 12 categories in the Back to the Classics Challenge 2015 that I participated in. I really enjoyed doing this challenge as I read books that I have been wanting to read for quite some time. These books challenged me and helped me in wrestling through everyday life as portrayed in literature. If you do not read classics, I recommend trying it. You can be part of the 2016 Back to the Classics challenge or just plan to read 1 this year and see how it broadens your appreciation of literature.

I read everything that I put in the beginning post except for changing my Shakespeare play to "The Comedy of Errors". Below are links to all 12 of the classics I read.

19th Century Classic: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
20th Century Classic: Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Classic by a Woman Author: Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Very Long Classic: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Classic in Translation: The Odyssey by Homer
Classic Novella: The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Classic with a Person's Name in the Title: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Humorous or Satirical Classic: The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Forgotten Classic: The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
Nonfiction Classic: The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx
Classic Children's Book: Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher
Classic Play: "A Comedy of Errors" by Shakespeare

I hope you enjoy these reviews and that you will be encouraged to read more classics!

No comments:

Post a Comment