Friday, January 23, 2015

Back to the Classics Challenge 2015

I heard about this from one of my friends at book club and am super excited about it! You can go here to see all of the categories and rules for the year. Here is my book list plan for this year (though I do have back ups in a couple of categories). What makes this even more exciting for me is that all but one of these books are on my shelf and I have been wanting to read them! Now I have a reason to along with the challenge of reading them all in a year.

19th Century Classic: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
20th Century Classic: Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Classic by a Woman Author: Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Very Long Classic: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Classic in Translation: The Odyssey by Homer
Classic Novella: The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Classic with a Person's Name in the Title: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Humorous or Satirical Classic: The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Forgotten Classic: The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
Nonfiction Classic: The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx
Classic Children's Book: Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher
Classic Play: One of Shakespeare's plays I haven't read yet, either The Taming of the Shrew or A Midsummer Night's Dream most likely

I am stoked about reading all these classics! I love classics and I'm ready to see what I've been missing the last few years as they have sat, collecting dust, on my shelf.

How about you? Will you join me in reading the classics?

No comments:

Post a Comment