Saturday, January 24, 2015

December Evaluation

Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying dailyYes, usually for strength or wisdom sporadically throughout the day
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Not at all 
  • Memorize verses with the kids - Remember working on a couple, but did not memorize them
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)- I have made Proverbs 31:10-31 part of Lillian's school curriculum for this year and have  most of it memorized generally still need to get it in solidly. 
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a monthStill going on 1 a week and I think this is our new goal
  • Go on a night away once this yearYes, went overnight to Lexington for our 10th anniversary, and went to Pigeon Forge For 4 days at the end of the year
  • Read 3 books together this yearWe read A Praying Life and When Sinners Say I Do as well as a couple books for SOM, so we will say this one is met!
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Not really this month
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- Not really, working on how to make this a reality
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Missed a couple 
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month- No and this will not happen the rest of the year
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this yearI think I did this in all of them. I know I have some catching up to do, so I may not have gotten 3 in all of them, but mostly.
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- I did not even try to work on this. Clearly this was a little over ambitious for this year. Maybe in 2015
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- Nope
  • Keep up with my calendar- I wrote most everything on my calendar,that's about as far as it went
  • Being fully present when with my family- Getting better at this, though this mostly meant being present with Jim this month
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a monthYes, but December was the last meeting. This ministry is on hold for right now
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year- Did not happen. God clearly had other things in mind for this year. 
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blogYes! It is finally launched. You can check it out here
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material- I'm reading a lot between reading with Jim, school with the kids and by myself, so we finished some books with school, but I did not personally finish anything this month
  • Journal 5 days a week- I attempted to write twice to no avail
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- no additional writing
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- Finished first round of edits! Now for round two!
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book- Did not work on this at all
  • Plan for next novel and write in November- Didn't do this
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2- Have not worked on this
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing groupYes!
  • Blog 3 days a week- This clearly did not happen
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Still not getting this in. Would love to, but still working on family priorities
  • Maintain weight until birth
  • Lose weight after giving birth- This goal is on hold until after I give birth again! Now I'm back to the above goal
December was crazy! I was able to work on somethings, which was a blessing, but then other things got pushed away, which was frustrating. God is still working in our hearts and that takes priority, so I know that is a good thing, but it can be challenging. We made it to the end of 2014 and we are looking ahead to what God will do next year.

How did your year end up?

No comments:

Post a Comment