Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Evaluation

Due to circumstances this past year, I'm not really changing my goals. Some will go that are not top priority, but I'm keeping the ones that fit with the overarching goal of having a God-centered life and the things I see Him leading me to right now. So thus far this is how it goes:
Spiritual
  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily- Yes, usually for strength or wisdom sporadically throughout the day
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily- Not at all 
  • Memorize verses with the kids - Remember working on a couple, but did not memorize them
  • Memorize Scripture- Currently working on verses that go with North Star Catechism
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a week- Yes
  • Go on a night away once this year- Need to plan this
  • Read 3 books together this year- I hope to do this, but right now we're both reading a lot seperately
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon- Starting to discuss plans more
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week- This is beginning to become more of a reality. Hoping this will be regular next month
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday- Missed one
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year- I have not written in any this month, but hoping to get caught up
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook- This is not a top priority,but hoping to at least do some work on it this year
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule- Began working on this together
  • Keep up with my calendar- No
  • Being fully present when with my family- Getting better at this, but still struggling
Ministry
  • Continue sending out Prayer List- Yes
Personal
  • Read a book a month for myself- Finally read my friend Ashley's book Blessed Chaos, I also read A is for Alibi (review to come) 
  • Journal 5 days a week- got a couple of entries in
  • Write (books) 3 days a week- no additional writing
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options- Little bit of additional writing, but nothing else
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 - Have not worked on this
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes!
  • Blog 3 days a week- Not this month, but hoping to get regular again
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week- Finally went this week
  • Maintain weight until birth- So far so good
  • Lose weight after giving birth- 
January has been back and forth, but here at the end I feel like we might be getting into a routine again. I have much hope for this year that God will do amazing things and work mightily in our family as we seek to honor Him with all of our lives. This month has had a lot of trial and error, but I pray we will continue to meet those goals that honor our God and those tasks He has given us to do.

What was your January like?

No comments:

Post a Comment