Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Communist Manifesto

I have been wanting to read this book for quite some time and finally read it as my 6th book in the Back to the Classics Challenge as my Nonfiction Classic. If I'd realized how short it actually was, I would have read it a long time ago, but thankfully I had it to read now.

It was very interesting to read and I enjoyed it in a lot of ways. I find their view of society very interesting and in some ways agree with them, while in others I completely disagree. What I found most interesting is there ideals are very religious in nature and yet they reject religion and embrace atheism, expecting people to live in an ideal manner without the help of any outside power. As a Christian I can say this is impossible, which makes all of their manifesto pointless.

Since it is a short read, I would say read it as it is an interesting aspect of history and culture.

3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment