Friday, June 12, 2015

11th Anniversary



11 years ago I said "I Do" to God's most precious gift to me. We were young with stars in our eyes and everything was perfect. 11 years later we are in the middle of real life and each year God has taught me more about loving Jim the way God loves me. This year is no exception.

This year God has taught me that love does not quit just because things are hard. Love does not quit just because you are hurting. There is no excuse for giving into selfishness, no matter what the other is doing. He has taught me that love is often caught and love never returns void. Love is sacrificial and is ready to offer your best even when you don't want to. Love grows as you give of yourself to God and others and wanes when you are selfish and prideful.

Life is far from perfect. Each day has its own challenges as we face this fallen world together. We are learning to trust God is all things. We are learning to seek God and His will for our family together. We are learning together that God knows what He is doing, even when we do not understand His plans, and that it is for His glory and our good. God is God and we are not. His path is the best path for us.

It's hard to believe it has been 11 years, and I pray that we have many more to come so that we can continue to grow together in God and in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment