Friday, January 4, 2019

Back to the Classics Challenge 2019

After missing the Back to the Classics Challenge last year and not completing the challenge in 2017, I'm super excited to jump into the Back to the Classics Challenge for 2019! Recently I've really missed reading on all levels, but I've not read a classic for over a year and I'm looking forward to stimulating my creative juices and enjoying some great reads.

I will admit, I may need some help with some of the categories as she has added some categories that I'm not sure what to read. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Here are this year's categories:

1. 19th Century Classic
2. 20th Century Classic
3. Classic by a Woman Author
4. Classic in Translation
5. Classic Comic Novel
6. Classic Tragic Novel
7. Very Long Classic (500 pages or more)
8. Classic Novella (shorter than 250 pages)
9. Classic from the Americas (includes Caribbean) set in or written by someone in one of these areas
10. Classic from Africa, Asia or Oceania (includes Australia) set in or written by someone in one of these countries
11. Classic from a Place You've Lived set there or author from there
12. Classic Play

I have many classics that will fall into a few of these categories and some that I don't know where they would fit, so I may have to adjust and read something different.

Classics I have that I'd like to read:
Pilgrim's Progress
Wife No. 19
A Shakespeare play I haven't read yet like Taming of the Shrew
What I haven't read of G.K. Chesterton (I have his complete works)
A Canticle for Leibowitz
Perelandra
This Hideous Strength
Sherlock Holmes

I also know I have several others I've picked up for free on Kindle, so I have options there I need to look at. If you have any recommendations for the categories above, I'd love to hear them!

Here's to another year of classics along with all that God has for me in this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment