Saturday, January 5, 2019

More Reading Challenges

Two years ago I strove to do 3 reading challenges during a very challenging year and, while I did still read a lot, I didn't keep up with the challenges well at all. Last year all challenges were off. As much as I wanted to do them, I didn't have my books to commit.

Now I'm back in my own home and have all my books back at my disposal! So along with the Classics Challenge I shared yesterday, I'm looking at three other challenges to fill in during the year!

Now before you call me crazy, I do read a decent amount with my kids as part of our school time and I really want to read to learn as well as for fun. I also want to read all these books I've invested in over the years! Will I read every book in every challenge? Not likely, but I like having different lists to work off of to inspire my next read. Therefore, I may use one book on a couple of list, especially since one has 104 books on the most extensive challenge! The whole thing is just to get back into the discipline of reading again. Reading Scripture, reading for growth, reading with my kids and Jim and reading for inspiration to get back to my passion for writing. It's time to get back to it!

The three other challenges are these:

Tim Challies 2019 reading challenge. His list ranges from 13 to 104 books for the year. Jim, James and I are all working off this list. It was fun watching James pick his books for this challenge. He already started The Fellowship of the Ring for one of his categories! And this is outside of any school reading for him. He is aiming for the 104 level! So fun watching him grow in his excitement and love of reading.

2019 Reading Challenge for Women with Jami Balmet of Young Wife's Guide. I'm not sure if I will read the recommended books or just books in those categories. Her husband also does one for men that Jim is looking at and may do some of.

The 2019 Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge is the last one. I've never looked at hers before, but I'm a little excited about the different categories.

I'm excited to get to reading and share what I'm reading. Just reading with the kids the last couple of days has been super fun.

So what are you reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment