Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Tablets of Ararat

Though I started this book last year, I'm counting it for my first book completed in 2019 for at least one reading challenge.

The Tablets of Ararat was given to me by my dear friend Kimberly, who has gone home to be with the Lord. I'm using it as a book a friend recommends on Tim Challies challenge this year.

The Tablets of Ararat  by C.J. Illinik was not at all I expected! While the story of Noah is briefly mentioned at the beginning, this book is a historical fiction that follows many people throughout history and how they came into contact with artifacts left by Noah after the flood.

I would call it an adventure with strange twists and turns that leaves you scratching your head until the end. However, this book is not fast paced. Moments in the book are high intensity but for the most part it gradually moves along until all the pieces fall into place.

It's hard to describe this book without giving too much away, but if you enjoy a good historical fiction, I would give this book a go. It's also fun to hear a speculation of what could have happened had artifacts from the ark survived. On the whole it's pretty clean, which is also an added bonus. But it's also realistic. It doesn't try to pretty up the world in any way, which I appreciate.

It is easy to read and most of the chapters are short, which also helps with the pace.

I'd give this read a 3.5 stars on the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment