Saturday, June 25, 2011

Creation Museum

The best I can say is WOW! This place was amazing and completely inspired by God. I will say, when we first arrived and there were dinosaurs at the entrance I thought, "what have I gotten myself into?" (I am not a fan of dinosaurs by the way.) So we began the journey through this museum and it all became clear very quickly. It showed how creation, explained in the Bible backed up science. I wish I could explain plainly but honestly I could not do it justice. This is one of those places you just have to see. I went to a presentation on dinosaurs and the Bible and this helped me so much. Honestly I had gotten to the point where I just chalked up dinosaurs to some hoax of Satan's or archaeologists making up things they found. I believe the Bible is true and what I knew of dinosaurs just did not fit. The way it was explained in the museum and at the lecture made so much since and was put into Biblical perspective for me. It was also interesting to learn that it is possible dragons and dinosaurs are the same. In the KJV Bible is uses the word dragon to describe somethings and the word dinosaur was not invented until around 200 years later! Interesting! (well, to me at least). And that many of the folk lore about dragons may have come from dinosaurs and they just became extinct like the dodo bird from being hunted and disease. It was absolutely fascinating to me. I love the Bible and I love science and to understand how they go together better is always a wonderful thing.
I love the way God uses different things at different times to show you different things and this was great timing. Now Jamey is obsessed with dinosaurs and I have the ability to explain it from a Biblical perspective. As I think about homeschooling my kids and realize how much I do not know I am thankful for places like this that can teach me so I can teach my children.

If you would like to know more about the museum visit:

If it's a long drive you have a place to stay. It's only about 1 1/2 hours from our place. I encourage you to go, see, learn. It's fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment