Monday, June 13, 2011

Longing Heart

Today they posted a link from the trip a group from our church recently took to Europe. It connected to a link for pictures and it took me back. I teared as I saw these photos, especially the ones of Belgrade. It is an interesting mixture of Eastern and Western Europe and so my heart was aching for both though most of you know my heart truly in Eastern Europe.
As I looked through these photographs I remembered the longing that is ever in my heart to be on that side of the world once more. Though I know it is not true, it seems as if for a moment the world is perfect. The clear blue sky, the crystal aqua ocean, the architecture that is pure beauty. Something about those images just whisk me away to a place that is so beautiful that I yearn to be among it and the people there. And yet I know that it is dark, completely imperfect and lost. And that is where my true yearning lies. To be with those people sharing the light of Jesus with them.
I talked to a great friend of mine who is from that area of the world and it added to the longing. Then tonight we had a women on mission event at our church and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am on mission now and I'm called to full time "over there" mission too. I must let this yearning, that is God given, keep me on mission all the time. As a follower of Christ it is always our job to be on mission where ever we are.

If you would like to read more about the Europe Mission trip or see pictures the links below will take you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment