Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gearing Up

Baby Manor is due in a month. This week I will begin intentional homeschooling with the kids. The whole apartment needs to be cleaned and organized. Things are really gearing up in our home. God is definitely teaching me much about His rest and sovereignty during this time. I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. I know this is the way God has led our family and I know that it will be a great and amazing time for us.
The biggest thing I am currently learning is to go to God first with everything. I know I have a tendency to lean on people, media or just simple entertainment to get me through tough or challenging times. This is not the freedom Christ died for. Christ died so we would be free to approach the throne room of Heaven and rest in the arms of Almighty God. I am learning this more and more every day. Now more than I believe ever before in my life I need that rest and comfort from the Lord. I need to remember that He has brought me to this place and that it is all worth it to bring glory to His mighty name.
Any sound advice would be appreciated during this time. But mostly I ask for prayers for our family as we continue to learn more about God's plans for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment