Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Everyday Blessings

I have heard many people talk about the books "1000 Gifts" but have never read it myself. This past weekend I have really been hit by the Holy Spirit about having an ungrateful heart even when I do not grumble with my mouth. So I am seeking to have the Holy Spirit give me a heart of gratitude for the little gifts that God gives me throughout the day. I began my mental list yesterday and will share some of what I can remember in hopes of encouraging others and a practice in being thankful "out loud". I hope to get to 1000 before the end of the year and can begin another list for 2013.

1. All 3 kids napped at the same time yesterday for 4 hours!
2. God gave me quiet time
3. I was able to work on some projects that needed to be worked on
4. Jim had 2 evenings off in a row
5. I was not pulled over when I inadvertently ran a red light in front of a cop trying to drive downtown
6. Meeting with Dawn and having a friend who wants to see us grow in the Lord
7. Our appliances were finally delivered
8. Watching all 3 kids play together for 10 minutes and laughing
9. Listening to Jamey and Lillian say Bible verses and Biblical truth
10. Kids slept past 7am this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment