Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Living Spirit

Today as I read about the instructions given to the Israelites about making things for the temple, I began to think on the Holy Spirit. God gave very elaborate details for building the Temple and those things in it where His Holy Spirit would dwell. Then the Spirit of God dwelt among the people. But since Jesus returned to to the Father after completing the work of salvation, the Holy Spirit now dwells in His people. What an amazing and wonderful thing. We can connect with God because His Spirit lives in us! This is awe inspiring and humbling. Why would the God who created the universe choose to live in a wretched human like me? I don't know, but I am so glad that He did. I am so blessed to be loved, accepted and adopted by the God of the universe!

21. God loves me and accepted me and adopted me into His Family!
22. Jim got more bonus time!
23. Jamey and Lillian asking to read the Bible
24. Reuben's giggling
25. The house is almost done!
26. Watching Reuben roll on the carpet at the house and relish in it
27. All 3 kids playing together
28. Ice Cream!!!!!
29. Jamey excited to learn Greek
30. Good deals at 3 different stores
31. The Truth and Freedom of the Gospel
32. Good Camera to take pictures
33. Video camera to capture fun moments
34. Sweet tea
35. The work of the Holy Spirit in Jim and me
36. Learning to see evidences of grace
37. Girls afternoon together
38. Lillian lighting up when she gets to shop like a big girl
39. Getting to teach what God is teaching me
40. Friends who can speak truth into your life
41. Seeing Sojourn featured on the evening news and Jonah being interviewed about Sojourn

No comments:

Post a Comment